Time is too valuable for screen clipping and low-quality images “copy and paste”. Power BI Tiles Pro has a new desktop version with much cooler features that will allow you to embed your Power BI Visuals in seconds and become more agile and productive. So, stop wasting valuable time and open your favorite Office product (Outlook, Word or PowerPoint), login and navigate thru Power BI directly from Office and embed your, or your team’s dashboard and reports… yes! It is astonishing that so simple!
What’s Power BI Tiles Pro?
Power BI Tiles Pro is a “pack” composed by two versions of the product:
- Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop for Office: These are Office Add-ins that allows you to embed your, or your team’s Power BI Visuals into your PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Outlook Messages quickly and directly without leaving office in seconds.
- Power BI Tiles Online: This is an online version of Power BI Tiles that will allow you to embed Power BI visualizations into office documents (Access Online, Excel 2013 Service Pack 1 (or higher), Excel Online, PowerPoint 2013 Service Pack 1 (or higher), PowerPoint Online).
What’s Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop for Office? How does it work? What’s new?
These Office Add-ins will allow you to embed your, or your team’s Power BI Visuals (dashboards and reports) directly into your Office documents allowing you also to perform effects operations with it, like formatting to appear with shadows or performing, but most important, selectively update/refresh those visuals at any time keeping the shapes with the original format with just one click.
“Quite simply, a MUST-HAVE Power BI add-in”. Jonas Young
“The missing piece for Power BI integration into office. Simply fantastic”. Paul Stevens
“Awesome work. Top add-in. Worked perfectly for me. You guys rock!” Stewart Langley
You can now install Power BI Tiles Pro: Online and Desktop:
- Download Power BI Tiles Pro Online from the Microsoft Store
- Note: To install Power BI Tiles Pro Online follow the steps described on the Microsoft Store
- Download Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop zip package
- To install Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop, unzip the file downloaded previously from the website and install the executable add-in files (one for each Microsoft product – Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook)
- Run the setup program and follow the instructions shown on your screen for the installation program.
To activate your license, you just need to register with your Power BI account (on the online or desktop version). To receive the activation keys, go to our store. You will receive an email with your 4-activation key: one to the online solution and three others to use for each module of the desktop solution.
To activate your licenses:
- On Power BI Tiles Pro Online: Click on “Store” button, open the “Activate license” tab and insert the online activation key provided
- On Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop: Open the add-in tab in each Microsoft product, click on “Activate license” and insert the activation key provided for that specific product
Fill free to try the product and check some of the new and improved features of Power BI Tiles Pro:
- Add Power BI Visuals: Add Power BI visuals (dashboard tiles & reports) into your slide deck, Word document or Outlook message with a powerful Power BI interactivity and experience
- And we now support Power BI Public Web Reports – *new*
- Manual & Automatic Refresh Process: Automate the Refresh process to ensure all images regenerate using the latest data in powerbi.com
- You can now not only insert but also update or refresh in real-time your Power BI visuals keeping the inserted shapes or visuals with the same applied format. Power BI Tiles Pro will allow you to update the static images with the latest data from Power BI while keeping all formats, resizes, and locations intact.
- High Definition Images: Use high definition static images when embedding and apply any kind of styles or formatting
- Visuals catalog preview: Preview and select the items to insert while navigating through your Power BI visuals catalog.
Why is this app so cool?
Now you don’t need to take snapshots of your visualizations and update your documents before an important meeting or presentation. These add-ins will allow you to create dynamic documents with “refreshable” Power BI Visuals, that you can share with other people even if they don’t have the Power BI Tiles Pro installed.
Don’t forget to give it a try and give us your feedback. Download Power BI Tiles Pro.