Time is too valuable to waste it on screen clipping and low-quality copy-pasted images. Power BI Tiles Pro has a new desktop version with much cooler features that will allow you to embed your Power BI Visuals in seconds, and become more agile and productive. In order to stop wasting your valuable time, simply open your favorite Microsoft Office product (Outlook, Word or PowerPoint), log in and navigate thru Power BI directly from Office, embedding your or your team’s dashboard and reports. Yes, it is astonishingly simple!
What is Power BI Tiles Pro?
Power BI Tiles Pro is a “pack” featuring two versions of the product:
- Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop for Office: Microsoft Office add-ins that allow you to embed your or your team’s Power BI Visuals into PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Outlook Messages quickly and without ever leaving office.
- Power BI Tiles Online: An online version of Power BI Tiles that allows you to embed Power BI visualizations into Microsoft Office documents (Access Online, Excel 2013 Service Pack 1 (or higher), Excel Online, PowerPoint 2013 Service Pack 1 (or higher), PowerPoint Online).
What is Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop for Office? How does it work? What’s new?
These Microsoft Office add-ins allow you to embed your or your team’s Power BI Visuals (dashboards and reports) directly into your Microsoft Office documents and perform several effects operations with it. Most importantly, it allows you to selectively update/refresh those visuals at any time keeping the original formatting with just one click.
“Quite simply, a MUST-HAVE Power BI add-in” – Jonas Young
“The missing piece for Power BI integration into Office. Simply fantastic” – Paul Stevens
“Awesome work. Top add-in. Worked perfectly for me. You guys rock!” – Stewart Langley
You can now install Power BI Tiles Pro: Online and Desktop:
- Download Power BI Tiles Pro Online from the Microsoft Store
- Note: To install Power BI Tiles Pro Online follow the steps described in the Microsoft Store;
- Download Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop zip package
- To install Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop, unzip the file downloaded previously from the website and install the executable add-in files (one for each Microsoft product – Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook);
- Run the setup program and follow the instructions shown on your screen for the installation program;
To activate your license you just need to register with your Power BI account (on the online or desktop version). To receive the activation keys, go to our store. You will receive an email with your 4-activation key: one to the online solution and three others to use on each module of the desktop solution.
To activate your licenses:
- On Power BI Tiles Pro Online: Click on the “Store” button, open the “Activate license” tab and insert the provided online activation key;
- On Power BI Tiles Pro Desktop: Open the add-in tab in each Microsoft product, click on “Activate license” and insert the provided activation key for that product;
Feel free to try our product and check some of the new and improved features of Power BI Tiles Pro:
- Add Power BI Visuals: Add visuals (dashboard tiles & reports) to your slide deck, Word document or Outlook message with a powerful Power BI interactivity and experience
- We now support Power BI Public Web Reports – *new*
- Manual & Automatic Refresh Process: Automate the Refresh process to ensure all images use the latest data in powerbi.com
- You can now insert and update or refresh your Power BI visuals in real-time, keeping the inserted shapes or visuals with the same applied format. Power BI Tiles Pro will allow you to update the static images with the latest data from Power BI while keeping all formats, resizes, and locations intact.
- High Definition Images: Use high definition static images when embedding and apply any kind of styles or formatting;
- Visuals catalog preview: Preview and select the items you wish to insert while navigating through your Power BI visuals catalog;
Why is this app so cool?
Power BI Tiles Pro is so great because it removes the need to take snapshots of your visualizations and update your documents before an important meeting or presentation. These add-ins allow you to create dynamic documents with “refreshable” Power BI Visuals that you can share with other people even if they don’t have Power BI Tiles Pro installed.
Don’t forget to give it a try and send us your feedback. Download Power BI Tiles Pro.